Find us on
Registered Charity No 258553
Presenting fully staged grand opera,
sung in English
Membership of Bristol Opera costs £180 per year (£60 for students). Members can choose to pay monthly. All new members are able to sing with us for three months before paying or committing. We also offer reduced membership fees for those on a low income. You can contact our Membership Secretary (Kath Billington: email@example.com) for information.
Rehearsals: Thursdays 7.30 pm - 9.30 pm at Horfield Reformed Church, plus a few weekend rehearsals just before our main performance.
As a member of Bristol Opera you can benefit from:
* weekly rehearsals for chorus singers (we only take longer breaks over the summer holidays and Christmas) with both an experienced conductor and professional accompanist
* staging rehearsals led by a skilled stage director
* an opportunity to sing and act on stage, accompanied by a professional chamber orchestra in spring and full orchestra in autumn
* tailor-made costumes for each main production - sometimes you may even need three or more costumes, all of which are provided by the company
* the chance to audition for parts in our main and autumn production each year, no audition fee for members
* one-to-one and ensemble coaching for soloists with our Musical Director
* a number of social events throughout the year, so that all members have a chance to get to know each other and become part of our opera family
In addition to singing and acting we are also keen to encourage and support members to develop skills such as dancing, costume and hat making, set painting and building.
Masterclass with Angela Hickey
Pirate Bay Adventure Golf
Show Week Curry Night